An ultrasound scan is a non-invasive diagnostic tool that takes an image of the inside of your body. It is used to look for abnormalities or changes in organs and tissue.
An ultrasound might be recommended to investigate the following:
- Heart – an echocardiogram scan
- Prostate – to check for enlargement or abnormalities
- Uterus and ovaries – to check for abnormalities
- Musculoskeletal – examine and diagnose injury to muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons
- Ultrasound Echo for heart concerns
- Other organs and areas of your body such as abdomen, testicles, gall bladder, liver, kidneys, pancreas and bladder
Ultrasounds are also sometimes used to aid a surgeon during a surgical procedure to provide guidance and imagery of the treatment area, whilst they are also very common during pregnancy. However, One Healthcare hospitals do not perform ultrasounds on pregnant women.
What happens during an Ultrasound?
Your procedure will be performed by a specialist in our dedicated radiography department and will usually take between 15 and 45 minutes to perform.
There are three different types of ultrasounds and each is relevant is a different part of the body that is being scanned. These include:
- External ultrasound scan – the probe is moved over the skin
- Internal ultrasound scan – the probe is inserted into the body
Our Consultant Radiologists sometimes use ultrasound in Endoscopy – the probe is attached to a long, thin, flexible tube (an endoscope) and passed further into the body in order to help diagnose your condition.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Ultrasound treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford
- Modern purpose-built hospital opened in March 2016
- Fast access to diagnostics including MRI, Xray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, en-suite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little or no waiting time
- ‘Ultra clean air’ theatres
- Freshly prepared food
- Calm, dignified experience
Contact us and find out more
Contact our team to find out more information regarding private Ultrasound or to book an initial consultation.If you are based in and around Kent, Maidstone, Dover, Canterbury or Folkestone and would like to visit the One Ashford Hospital please click here
Diagnostics & Imaging Pricing Guide at One Ashford Hospital
This is a list of guide prices for some of common Diagnostics & Imaging treatments and procedures.
|MRI Scan, from||£350|
|X Ray, from||£110|