Wrinkle Relaxing Injections
Unfortunately, time takes its toll on all of us, and the signs of ageing are most obvious in our faces. Wrinkles and fine lines usually start to appear when we are in our 30’s, although this can be earlier in some people. As the skin loses its elasticity and firmness, creases and folds become more visible, and facial movements such as smiling and squinting will eventually lead to an increase in wrinkles and lines.
What are Wrinkle Relaxing Injections?
Wrinkle relaxing injections, more commonly known by the brand name Botox® is the name of a drug made with botulinim toxin type A. It is the bacteria that causes a certain type of food poisoning called botulism; however, when administered in very small doses, it is safe and effective for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles on the neck and face. It is also used for the treatment of a number of medical conditions, including:
- Severe underarm or palm sweating
- Chronic migrane
- Overactive bladder
- Blepharospasm (uncontrollable blinking)
- Strabismus (misaligned eyes)
How does Botox Work?
Botox injections work by blocking the nerve impulses that tell your muscles to contract, temporarily inhibiting muscle movement that cause wrinkles. The result is smoother skin and a fresher, more youthful appearance. The effects last from 3 – 6 months, depending on what area is being treated.
Where is Botox Commonly Used?
The most common areas for the use of Botox are:
- Crow’s feet (corner of the eyes)
- Eyebrows / hooded eyes
- Tear troughs (under the eyes)
- Frown lines (between the eyes)
- Forehead (between the eyebrows)
- Top of the nose (bunny lines)
- Eyebrow arches
- Around the mouth (lipstick / smoker’s lines)
- Chin (to prevent dimples)
- Jawline and neck
- Jaw angle (teeth grinding)
Are there any Side-Effects to Botox?
Botox injections are relatively safe when performed by an experienced healthcare practitioner. Possible unwanted effects can include:
- Pain, swelling or bruising at the injection site
- Droopy eyelids
- Headache or flu-like symptoms
- Mild nausea
- Eye dryness or excessive tearing
- Crooked smile or drooling
More severe side-effects could be due to the injection spreading into your body. If you experience any of the below within hours to weeks of having Botox, call your doctor straight away:
- Breathing problems
- Trouble speaking or swallowing
- Loss of bladder control
- Muscle weakness
- Vision problems
- Allergic reaction
Botox should not be used in pregnant or lactating women, or by people who have had a previous allergic reaction to the drug or any of its ingredients.
Wrinkle relaxing injections (Botox injections) are available at One Ashford Hospital, Kent, and is perfectly located for patients in Maidstone, Dover, Canterbury, Folkestone and all nearby areas.
You can’t usually use your private medical insurance for cosmetic surgery but you can pay directly for your Wrinkle Relaxing Injections treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you able to use your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital.
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- 0% and low interest finance options**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Fast access to diagnostics including CT, MRI, X-Ray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply
Contact us and find out more
Contact our team to find out more information regarding private Wrinkle Relaxing Injections or to book an initial consultation.If you are based in and around Kent, Maidstone, Dover, Canterbury or Folkestone and would like to visit the One Ashford Hospital please click here
Non-Surgical Aesthetic Treatments Pricing Guide at One Ashford Hospital
This is a list of guide prices for some of common Non-Surgical Aesthetic Treatments treatments and procedures.
|Wrinkle relaxing injections|