An epidural anaesthetic is an injection in your back designed to alleviate any pain in that area of the body.
Common issues that might cause your doctor to recommend an epidural include:
- Childbirth, including Caesarean sections
- Certain surgical operations
- During recovery following a surgical operation
Steroid injections may be recommended alongside an epidural to treat the pain associated with sciatica or a slipped disc.
If you are worried about undergoing an epidural injection we recommend you consult with your doctor. You should also inform your doctor if you are taking any medication. Your doctor may give specific advice concerning diet and medication before performing the epidural injection.
After receiving the injection you will not be able to drive or operate heavy machinery for 24 hours.
At One Healthcare we can book you in to see a specialist Pain Management consultant, usually within 48 hours, for an initial consultation. Epidural anaesthetic is available at One Ashford Hospital in Kent and One Hatfield Hospital in Hertfordshire.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Epidural Anaesthetic treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- 0% and low interest finance options**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Fast access to diagnostics including CT, MRI, X-Ray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply
Contact us and find out more
Contact our team to find out more information regarding private Epidural Anaesthetic or to book an initial consultation.If you are based in and around Kent, Maidstone, Dover, Canterbury or Folkestone and would like to visit the One Ashford Hospital please click here