Women’s Health Physiotherapy involves the therapeutic treatment of disorders affecting the pelvis and pelvic floor muscles, such as incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain and general post-partum (child birth) complications.
Loss of bladder control is a common and often embarrassing problem. Symptoms range from occasionally leaking urine when you cough or sneeze, to having an urge to urinate that is so sudden or strong that you may be unable to get to a toilet in time. It can lead to people changing their lifestyle habits or giving up hobbies that they love.
Though it is more common as people get older, urinary incontinence IS NOT an inevitable consequence of aging, and there is help out there.
Uterine prolapse occurs when pelvic floor muscles and ligaments no longer provide enough support for the uterus causing the uterus to slip down into or protrude out of the vagina.
It can occur in women of any age, but it is more common in postmenopausal women who have had one or more vaginal deliveries.
Signs and Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of uterine prolapse may include
- A sensation of heaviness or pulling in your pelvis
- Tissue protruding from your vagina
- Urinary incontinence or urine retention
- Difficulty passing stools
- The sensation of sitting on a small ball or as if something is falling out of your vagina
- Sexual concerns, such as a sensation of looseness in the tone of your vaginal tissue
Often symptoms may only become bothersome as the day goes on.
Specialist physiotherapy for these conditions can help ease symptoms and often negate the need for surgical intervention all together.
Here at One Ashford Hospital we have a highly experienced Women’s Health Physiotherapist with over 30 years’ experience who can provide a complete assessment and treatment package in a calm, private setting.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Women’s Health treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread the cost of your treatment over a number of months. If you are using your health insurance, please contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- Spread the cost with finance**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply