Dedicated purpose-built endoscopy suite
One Ashford Hospital has a dedicated purpose built Endoscopy suite, housing the latest endoscopy equipment. This enables us to offer a wide range of procedures in an environment which prioritises patient privacy and confidentiality.
Our service is led and delivered by experienced Consultants in the fields of Gasteroenterology and Gasterointestinal Surgery.
- A gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy investigation uses a long, flexible tube with a very small camera and light on the end to look inside the gastrointestinal tract.
- An upper GI endoscopy (OGD, or gastroscopy) is used to look into the oesophagus (gullet), stomach and small bowel
- A lower GI endoscopy, called a colonoscopy, examines the large bowel.
These investigations are very effective at finding out if you have a problem in your GI tract such as inflammation, polyps or cancer, and enable the Consultant to take biopsies (small samples of bowel lining) for investigation under the microscope.
Fast access to an answer for your symptoms
- State of the art endoscopy equipment
- Purpose-built hospital
- Dedicated endoscopy suite
- Dedicated endoscopy team
- Consultant-led care throughout your journey
Our Endoscopy Team is led by Consultant Colorectal Surgeon Mr Thanesan Ramalingam with Mrs Anita Hodgson heading up the nursing team.
Book an appointment or find out more
You can use your insurance or talk to us about our competitive fixed prices (we also offer the option to spread the cost and 0% finance)
Contact us on 01233 423 303, or email us here
Wonderful treatment. very attentive, reassuring. The whole colonoscopy team were marvelous! Would definitely recommend this hospital. 10/10!
Patient April 2019
From the reception desk to the Consultant everyone had a happy disposition and were helpful and informative. For my daughters the coffee shop was also very good.
How likely are you to recommend us? Extremely likely.
Overall opinion of the quality of your care? Excellent.
How did we compare to your expectations? Exceeded.
Patient April 2019
|Treatment||Guide Price||Monthly from|
|Combined Colonoscopy & Gastroscopy||£2,215||£46.52|