Pilates is a system of exercise developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century. It is designed to condition muscle groups in order to maintain health and vitality, and to prevent injury. Our experienced physiotherapists are APPI (The Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute) trained, where the focus is more on control and precise movements utilising the correct muscle groups to perform an exercise.
This modified form of Pilates can be graded for patients with significant disability or pain, through to those who want to really challenge their strength and fitness.
Ask your physiotherapist for more information if you are interested in Pilates.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your 1:1 Pilates treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- 0% and low interest finance options**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Fast access to diagnostics including CT, MRI, X-Ray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply