What is Angina?
Chest pain caused by the inadequate blood supply to the heart’s muscles. Although it usually isn’t life-threatening, it is a symptom that you may be in danger of having a heart attack or stroke.
Causes of Angina
Angina is typically brought on by a narrowing of the arteries that carry blood to the heart muscles due to an accumulation of fatty substances. Atherosclerosis is the term for this.
The following factors can raise your risk of atherosclerosis:
- Bad diet
- Advancing age
- A family history of Atherosclerosis or heart issues
How to manage Angina
Angina can be managed with medication and healthy lifestyle modifications, which also lowers the likelihood of developing more severe issues such as heart attacks or strokes.
Symptoms of Angina
- Chest pain is the primary symptom of the condition
- Physical activity or stress causes it to start feeling tight, dull, or heavy; it may spread to your arms, neck, jaw, or back; and it goes away within a few minutes of relaxation.
- There may occasionally be other symptoms, such as feeling ill or out of breath.
Types of Angina
There are two primary forms of the condition that can be identified in patients:
Stable Angina – attacks are more predictable with a clear trigger such as stress or exercise.
Unstable Angina (more serious) – attacks are more unpredictable (they may not have a trigger) and can continue even while resting.
Here at One Ashford Hospital, we have a dedicated team of cardiology consultants on hand to rapidly assess, diagnose and treat Angina along with a range of other conditions.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Angina treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread the cost of your treatment over a number of months. If you are using your health insurance, please contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- Spread the cost with finance**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply