RPW Shockwave Therapy
Radial Pressure Wave (Shockwave) therapy has proven to be beneficial in the treatment of chronic tendinopathies such as Achilles tendinopathy, plantar fasciitis, tennis/golfers elbow and myofascial trigger points.
Radial shockwaves are introduced into the injured or painful tissues via a hand held unit and transmitter. The radial pressure waves have a pro-inflammatory effect, increasing blood flow to the area and encouraging the body’s natural healing process.
Studies have shown RPW Shockwave Therapy to be an effective alternative to surgical intervention.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your RPW Shockwave Therapy treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread the cost of your treatment over a number of months. If you are using your health insurance, please contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- Spread the cost with finance**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply