A breast reduction procedure can help women of all ages to overcome the discomfort caused by large and heavy breasts. The procedure involves the surgical removal of breast fat, glandular tissue and skin, under general anaesthetic and usually involves a 1-2 night stay in hospital to recover. The objective of breast reduction surgery is to produce a smaller, lighter, improved breast shape, complementary and proportionate to the rest of an individual’s figure.
Who is Suitable for this Procedure?
- Women of all ages who are unhappy with the general size and shape of their breasts
- Women who suffer from uneven (asymmetrical) breasts
- Women who have suffered with back, neck or shoulder pain as a result of their breast size
- Women who do not like the way overly large breasts can interfere with their normal daily activities and ability to exercise in comfort
- Women who suffer with skin irritation due to their heavy breasts, particularly in hot weather
- Women who feel limited by the clothes they can wear due to their large breasts
- Women who feel that their self-esteem, confidence or relationships are affected by concerns and feelings about their breast size
What are the Expected Results?
This procedure can provide a better quality of life, freeing women from the considerable physical and practical difficulties caused by overly large breasts. Women who have had successful breast reduction surgery frequently report that their self-confidence and feeling of wellbeing is boosted beyond all expectations following surgery.
This advanced corrective procedure needs to be performed by a Consultant Plastic Surgeon who is fully qualified and well experienced. However, it is important to note that no matter how high the surgical standards, this procedure cannot be performed without the introduction of visible surgical scars on the operated area.
How is a Breast Reduction Procedure Performed?
A basic breast reduction procedure involves the surgical reduction of breast tissue and the restoration of contour through a series of carefully planned and measured excisions. Patients are fully anaesthetised throughout the procedure which can take an average of 2 hours to perform.
Techniques for private breast reduction vary slightly between surgeons and according to the individual needs of each patient. The most common incision methods leave a scar that extends around the darker tissue surrounding the nipple (areola) and extends down the midline of the lower segment of the breast and then follows the natural crease line beneath the breast.
Patients often express that they experience a surprising lack of post-operative pain; however, analgesic tablets (pain killers) are provided for any discomfort experienced.
The return of nipple sensitivity following surgery is entirely variable from patient to patient. Nipple sensation may be reduced whilst surgical wounds heal, although occasionally patients will permanently lose some or all of the feeling in one or both nipples. Breast feeding capability after reduction surgery may be decreased.
What is the Recovery Period?
It is usual for patients to take around a fortnight away from work following breast reduction surgery and to refrain from any strenuous upper body exercise for at least 8 weeks.
At One Ashford Hospital we can book you in to see a specialist Consultant Plastic surgeon for an initial consultation, usually within 48 hours. We perform many different cosmetic surgery procedures, including breast enlargement, face lift surgery, abdominoplasty, plus many more.
You can’t usually use your private medical insurance for cosmetic surgery but you can pay directly for your Breast Reduction treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you able to use your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital.
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- 0% and low interest finance options**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Fast access to diagnostics including CT, MRI, X-Ray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply
Contact us and find out moreIf you are based in and around Kent, Maidstone, Dover, Canterbury or Folkestone and would like to visit the One Ashford Hospital please click here
Cosmetic Surgery Pricing Guide at One Ashford Hospital
This is a list of guide prices for some of common Cosmetic Surgery treatments and procedures.
|Treatment||Guide Price||Monthly from|
|Bilateral Breast Enlargement and Uplift||£7,770||£174.30|
|Breast Uplift (Mastopexy)||£5,415||£121.78|
|Removal and Replacement of Implants||£6,800||£151.95|
|Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty)||£5,800||£129.60|
|Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)||£6,500||£145.25|