MRI stands for Magnetic Resonance Imaging, a type of scan that produces a detailed picture of the inside of your body using strong magnetic fields and radio waves. MRI scans are diagnostic tools and are used by doctors to help work out what is causing your illness or pain.
MRI scans are used to examine all areas of the body; our most common scans are:
- Musculoskeletal scans (bones and joints )
- Brain and spine scans
- Abdomen scans
- MRCP (Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography) to scan the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas and pancreatic duct
- Prostate scans
- Female pelvis scans
We have specialists radiologists to undertake certain scans including Neuroradiologists and Urogenitary radiologists.
What happens during an MRI Scan?
- Before undertaking the scan, the radiographer will take some information from you and ask you to lie on a bed that will be moved into the scanner itself.
- Depending on what area of your body is being scanned you will be asked to lie either head first or feet first in the scanner.
- The radiographer will then move to an adjacent room where they can see the scans and speak to you through an intercom system.
The length of time the scan will take depends on the part of the body being scanned. Generally, scans take anywhere between 15 and 90 minutes to perform.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your MRI Scan treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford
- Modern purpose-built hospital opened in March 2016
- Fast access to diagnostics including MRI, Xray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, en-suite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little or no waiting time
- ‘Ultra clean air’ theatres
- Freshly prepared food
- Calm, dignified experience
Contact us and find out more
Contact our team to find out more information regarding private MRI Scan or to book an initial consultation.If you are based in and around Kent, Maidstone, Dover, Canterbury or Folkestone and would like to visit the One Ashford Hospital please click here
Diagnostics & Imaging Pricing Guide at One Ashford Hospital
This is a list of guide prices for some of common Diagnostics & Imaging treatments and procedures.
|MRI Scan, from||£350|
|X Ray, from||£110|