Children’s Hearing Tests
Even a minor hearing loss in children, if not detected early, can cause delays in their learning and development. This can impact their speech, social skills, confidence and educational attainment.
A child usually won’t know they are experience hearing loss so it important that parents and carers look out for the following signs:
- Often says ‘what/pardon’.
- Doesn’t always respond the first time they’re called.
- Appears to daydream or be inattentive.
- Prefers or requests that the TV or radio volume is turned up louder than you think is suitable.
- Talks loudly.
- Speaks unclearly or mispronounces some words.
- Unhappy or unsettled at school.
Children’s hearing tests are different to those you would normally have as an adult. Methods will vary slightly depending on the age of the child but techniques used include Play Audiometry and Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA).
Following your child’s hearing test our Consultant Audiologists will recommended any treatments or can discuss a Hearing Loss Management plan with you.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Children’s Hearing Tests treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- 0% and low interest finance options**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Fast access to diagnostics including CT, MRI, X-Ray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply
Contact us and find out more
Contact our team to find out more information regarding private Children’s Hearing Tests or to book an initial consultation.If you are based in and around Kent, Maidstone, Dover, Canterbury or Folkestone and would like to visit the One Ashford Hospital please click here