Gait analysis is used to indicate how an individual walks, stands and runs. It can help to identify possible causes of aches and pains, particularly in the knees and hips, ankle or Achilles related pain or plantar fascia pain that can often occur during everyday activities, or after exercise. Gait analysis can help individuals run more effectively and identify posture-or movement related problems in people with injuries.
What is GaitScan?
The GaitScanTM system is a computerised pressure plate which measures the distribution of force throughout a patient’s foot during each step. This state-of-the-art analysis tool has the ability to produce objective, detailed data that will aid in the diagnosis of abnormal foot biomechanics. It can also assist in the management of knee, hip and back pain which can all be affected by your foot biomechanics.
Do I need a GaitScan assessment?
- Do you get pain in your feet, have fallen arches or flat feet?
- Do you get hip, knee, back or spine pain?
- Do you have bunions, heel pain, shin splints, calluses or hammer toes?
- Do you have a busy lifestyle and spend a lot of the day on your feet?
- Do you enjoy playing sport and want to perform to your best ability?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the above, it is worth considering a gait assessment at One Ashford Hospital.
How does gait analysis work?
Gait analysis is a computerised scanning system used by the One Ashford Physiotherapy team. It enables them to gather information as the patient walks across an electronic pressure plate, providing detailed information on their walking pattern. As a patient walks across the plate, thousands of tiny sensors capture the amount of pressure being distributed throughout the sole of their foot over time.
The plates record images and display a 2D and 3D representation of the pressure under the foot, enabling a physiotherapist to get a bigger picture of how your feet work together, when walking.
The pressure analysis report gives valuable information regarding how a foot is functioning whilst in weight bearing mode. Once a diagnosis has been made, a member of our physio team can assist in devising a tailored treatment plan for you.
If the analysis shows that the foot is functioning in an inefficient manner, the One Ashford physio team can arrange for a custom orthotic to be manufactured to meet your unique needs. This will help to restore optimal foot function.
What is an Orthotic?
An orthotic is a custom-made insole which plays an important role in reducing stress and strain on the body. As such, it restores a natural balance through healthy movement patterns. With regular use, custom orthotics will allow you to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle. In order to ensure your custom orthotic continues to meet your changing needs, we recommend a comprehensive gait assessment ever one to two years.
Features of GaitScanTM includes:
- The ability to analyse walking, running and static stance
- Bilateral weight distribution
- Compare feature (compares patient’s scans with an optimal foot)
- Identifies high pressure areas of the foot and abnormal timing of a step
Contact us today to book gait analysis at One Ashford hospital in Kent. We are ideally placed to see patients based in Ashford, Kent, Maidstone, Dover, Canterbury, Folkestone and all nearby areas
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Gait Analysis treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- 0% and low interest finance options**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Fast access to diagnostics including CT, MRI, X-Ray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply
Contact us and find out more
Contact our team to find out more information regarding private Gait Analysis or to book an initial consultation.If you are based in and around Kent, Maidstone, Dover, Canterbury or Folkestone and would like to visit the One Ashford Hospital please click here