Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) is a treatment for pain relief. It is a non-invasive treatment and works alongside the body’s natural healing process. Shockwaves are sent towards the painful area to increase blood flow and stimulate the healing process. Treatment sessions are short and usually 2 or 3 sessions will be required.
This treatment is usually recommended if physiotherapy or other conservative treatments haven’t been successful.
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy may be recommended to treat:
- Tendon inflammation in the shoulder, hip, knee, elbow etc.
- Plantar fasciitis
- Golfers and tennis elbow
- Achillies tendinopthy
- Trochanteric bursitis
- Shin splints
At One Healthcare we can book you in to see a Physiotherapist or specialist Orthopaedic Consultant for an initial consultation, usually within 48 hours. Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy is available at One Ashford Hospital in Kent and One Hatfield Hospital in Hertfordshire.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance, please contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- 0% and low interest finance options**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Fast access to diagnostics including CT, MRI, X-Ray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply