As part of the NHS Patient Choice scheme, you may now be able to have your NHS treatment at One Hatfield Hospital.
What is Patient Choice?
Patient Choice is a government initiative introduced to give NHS patients more choice about where and when they are treated. It means that NHS patients in England who require hospital treatment will be offered a choice of hospitals for their treatment, including participating private hospitals. In many cases, this will allow patients to reduce their surgery waiting times.
For more information on the Patient Choice Scheme, visit the NHS website.
We offer NHS Service for:
- Hernia repair surgery
- Gallbladder removal
- Orthopaedic treatments (bones and joints)
- Pain management
Ask your GP to refer you to One Hatfield Hospital
There are two ways to be referred to One Hatfield Hospital under the Patient Choice Scheme:
- Ask your GP to refer you to One Hatfield Hospital, you will be able to book your initial consultation appointment while in the GP surgery.
- In the majority of cases, you will receive a letter from your GP listing your choice of hospitals and giving you your Unique Booking Reference Number (UBRN).
You can then book your appointment online or over the phone for a time and date that is convenient for you.
Why One Hatfield Hospital?
- State-of-the-art, purpose-built hospital
- En-suite private bedrooms for overnight stays
- Extended visiting hours
- Free and easy parking for you and your visitors
- Infection-free environment
- Selection of menus suitable for all dietary requirements
What to expect
After your GP has referred you to us, you will normally have a short initial appointment where you will discuss your condition with one of our specialists.
They will arrange any investigative tests that may be necessary, such as blood tests or X-rays.
Once a diagnosis has been made, you will talk about your treatment plan with your consultant.
You might need further consultations, or you may be referred back to your GP for ongoing care and management of your condition.
You may be booked for treatment in an outpatient setting, as a day case, or for inpatient surgery.
When you’re ready to leave the hospital, you will receive a copy of your treatment and recovery plan with full details of any follow-up care and medication you may need, plus a contact number if you have any concerns once you are home. It’s a good idea to take your copy with you if you need to see your GP soon after your procedure.
We will also keep your GP informed about your treatment, recovery plan, and progress. Our report will be added to your medical records and kept by your GP.
The NHS covers all the costs of your treatment with us. You only pay for extra personal items, such as phone calls, just as you would in an NHS hospital.