Children’s Hearing Tests
Even a minor hearing loss in children, if not detected early, can cause delays in their learning and development. This can impact their speech, social skills, confidence and educational attainment.
A child usually won’t know they are experience hearing loss so it important that parents and carers look out for the following signs:
- Often says ‘what/pardon’.
- Doesn’t always respond the first time they’re called.
- Appears to daydream or be inattentive.
- Prefers or requests that the TV or radio volume is turned up louder than you think is suitable.
- Talks loudly.
- Speaks unclearly or mispronounces some words.
- Unhappy or unsettled at school.
Children’s hearing tests are different to those you would normally have as an adult. Methods will vary slightly depending on the age of the child but techniques used include Play Audiometry and Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA).
Following your child’s hearing test our Consultant Audiologists will recommended any treatments or can discuss a Hearing Loss Management plan with you.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Children’s Hearing Tests treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Hatfield Hospital.
Why One Hatfield
- Modern purpose-built hospital opened in December 2017
- Fast access to diagnostics including MRI, Xray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, en-suite rooms
- Specialist physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little or no waiting time
- ‘Ultra clean air’ theatres
- Freshly prepared food
- Calm, dignified experience
Contact us and find out more
If you are based in and around Hertfordshire, St Albans, Stevenage, Watford, North London, Welwyn or Bedfordshire and would like to visit the One Hatfield Hospital please click here.
Ear, Nose and Throat Pricing Guide at One Hatfield Hospital
This is a list of guide prices for some of common Ear, Nose and Throat treatments and procedures.
|Treatment||Guide Price||Monthly from|
|Insertion of Grommet (Adult)||£2,013||£44.98|
|Insertion of Grommet (Child)||£2,358||£52.69|