One Hatfield Hospital is a COVID-secure hospital. Face coverings continue to be mandatory and visitors are not allowed.
Your safety is our number one priority. We understand that you may be worried about visiting us, but we want to reassure you that we’ve put safety measures in place to make our hospital COVID-secure. Safety measures are guided Public Health England (PHE) and our Infection Prevention Control Team.
Although the Government has announced that from 19th July all official Covid restrictions will be relaxed, One Hatfield Hospital will continue with COVID-secure precautions as part of its duty of care to staff and patients in minimising the spread of infection.
To ensure the safety of our patients at all times, and to keep One Hatfield Hospital a COVID-secure zone we continue to adhere to the following safety measures:
- Patients are required to wear a face mask at all times. If patients have an exemption to wearing face coverings, they must show that on arrival.
- All staff, consultants and contractors will wear masks throughout the hospital.
- All staff are required to complete a lateral flow test twice a week.
- Anyone with a temperature above 37.8°C or displaying symptoms must not enter the hospital.
- Patients will be asked to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before their appointment time, in order to reduce the amount of people in the hospital waiting area.
- Adults must come into the hospital on their own (any person accompanying a patient should wait outside).
- Children may be accompanied by one adult.
- A one way system and social distancing measures remain in place.
- An increased cleaning schedule of all areas, equipment and frequently touched surfaces continues.
- Hand sanitiser is placed throughout the hospital. Patients will be required to use it upon arrival and when moving around the hospital.
- Should a consultant need to examine you, an apron, mask and gloves will be worn.
- Patients will be tested for COVID at least 72 hours before admission, and will be required to shield from the time of their test until admission.
Guidance for patients admitted for surgery
We ask patients coming in to the hospital for a procedure to adhere to the following:
- Patients undergoing surgery in theatre will need to shield for at least 3 days prior to admission.
- Paediatric patients, and accompanying adult, will need to shield for at least 3 days prior to admission.
- Adult and paediatric patients will need to have a COVID test at least 72 hours prior to admission.
- Patients may need to continue to shield based on consultant advice and individual risk assessments
- Visitors are not permitted, however essential visitors or carers may be permitted at the discretion of the hospital.
- All patients will be tested for COVID 72 hours prior to admission for surgical procedures and information will be given to you when you are booked for a procedure.
- We are not able to offer COVID tests as a standalone booking.
If you would like any further guidance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you soon.