Hospital: One Hatfield Hospital
Tel: 01707 443 333
Contact the Hospital About Mr Shobhit Verma
Mr Shobhit Verma
Consultant in Paediatric Orthopaedics/Trauma
- Paediatric and adult fractures.
- Paediatric sports injuries.
- Young adult and paediatric lower limb issues including in-toeing, out-toeing and angular malalignments, knee instability and hyper mobility injuries.
- Paediatric hip including DDH, SUFE and Perthes disease.
- Paediatric and young adult foot/ankle problems including clubfoot, CVT, flat foot and other foot deformities.
- Orthopaedic management of children with disability due to neuromuscular disease, cerebral palsy.
- Skeletal dysplasias and associated deformities .
- Paediatric upper limb deformity, malunions and hand disorders.
- Gait disorders and joint instabilities.
Paediatric Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery.
Mr Shobhit Verma is a Consultant Paediatric Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon at Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
He specialises in children and young adult sports injuries, fractures, and conditions affecting children’s lower limbs including hip, knees, foot and ankle.
He has a special interest in paediatric and adult limb deformity correction and limb reconstruction.
He qualified as an Orthopaedic Surgeon in 1998 from India and pursued advanced training in paediatric and adult sports injuries and trauma, complex orthopaedic trauma with deformity correction in children and limb reconstruction at various tertiary referral centres across the UK and Australia.
He has Trauma and Limb Reconstruction fellowships from centres of excellence like The Alfred in Melbourne, Australia and Flinders Medical Centre in Adelaide, Australia. He has speciality fellowships in Paediatric Orthopaedics and Trauma from Birmingham Children’s Hospital and King’s College, London.
Mr Verma believes in MDT practice. He always involves parents and children in clinical decision making.
Mr Verma is a postgraduate teacher and an invited faculty in various teaching courses across hospitals in London including King’s College and Imperial College.
He is actively involved in various national research projects in the UK and international research projects. He has presented his work in national and international meetings including BOA, EFORT and SICOT.
Memberships or Associations
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Society for Children’s Orthopaedic Surgery