Hospital: One Hatfield Hospital
Tel: 01707 443 333
Contact the Hospital About Mr Dimpu Bhagawati
Mr Dimpu Bhagawati
Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon
- Spinal surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Lumbar disc disease and degeneration
- Cervical disc disease and degeneration
- Scoliosis; spinal deformities
- Spinal tumours
- Inflammatory conditions within the spine
- Epidural injections
- Nerve root blocks
- Facet injections
Mr Dimpu Bhagawati is highly qualified double fellowship trained complex spinal surgeon.
He qualified from the University of Oxford and University College London. He completed two internationally recognised complex spinal fellowships – at Oxford University Hospitals and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, London.
He has previously worked as a Consultant at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital and is working as a Consultant Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon at the Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
Mr Dimpu Bhagawati is highly qualified in all the modern spinal techniques. These include minimal access spinal surgery (MASS), minimally invasive surgery (MIS), extra-lateral interbody fusion (XLIF), spinal deformity surgery and scoliosis as well as extensive experience in treating children with back and spine problems.
He has been involved in both Oxford and London at the cutting edge of scientific advances in surgery with a particular focus on the new implant designs. He has published numerous scientific papers and presented at a large number of major international meetings.
Mr Dimpu Bhagawati currently organises services across the whole of Bedfordshire, covering a population of 670 000.
- MA University of Oxford 2003
- BA University of Oxford 1998
- MBBS University College London 2001
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2006
- MSc University College London 2007
- FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2013
- Oxford Orthopaedic Rotation Oxford University Hospitals 2010
- Senior Spinal Fellowship Oxford University Hospitals 2014
- Senior Spinal Fellowship Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital 2016
Reference number 6028009
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Member of the British Medical Association, Member of the Seddan Society, Member of the Girdlestone Orthopaedic Society, Member of the British Association of Spine Surgeons