A revision discectomy is when you have had a previous discectomy to your spine and you experience a return of sciatica, pain down your arm, or other herniated disc symptoms.
A recurring disc herniation is a repeat of the problem treated by the previous surgery because a discectomy typically removes only those fragments that have come away from the main disc. As there is some disc left, herniation of the remaining disc is possible.
Please see lumbar discectomy for more information on the surgery and recovery times.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Revision Discectomy treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance, please contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at either the One Ashford Hospital or One Hatfield Hospital.
Why One Healthcare
- Modern purpose-built hospital opened in March 2016 (Ashford) December 2017 (Hatfield)
- Fast access to diagnostics including MRI, Xray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, en-suite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little or no waiting time
- ‘Ultra clean air’ theatres
- Freshly prepared food
- Calm, dignified experience