A revision discectomy is when you have had a previous discectomy to your spine and you experience a return of sciatica, pain down your arm, or other herniated disc symptoms.
A recurring disc herniation is a repeat of the problem treated by the previous surgery because a discectomy typically removes only those fragments that have come away from the main disc. As there is some disc left, herniation of the remaining disc is possible.
Please see lumbar discectomy for more information on the surgery and recovery times.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Revision Discectomy treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance, please contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- 0% and low interest finance options**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply