Pilates is a system of exercise developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century. It is designed to condition muscle groups in order to maintain health and vitality, and to prevent injury. Our experienced physiotherapists are APPI (The Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute) trained, where the focus is more on control and precise movements utilising the correct muscle groups to perform an exercise.
This modified form of Pilates can be graded for patients with significant disability or pain, through to those who want to really challenge their strength and fitness.
Ask your physiotherapist for more information if you are interested in Pilates.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your 1:1 Pilates treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance, please contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at either the One Ashford Hospital or One Hatfield Hospital.
Why One Healthcare
- Modern purpose-built hospital opened in March 2016 (Ashford) December 2017 (Hatfield)
- Fast access to diagnostics including MRI, Xray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, en-suite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little or no waiting time
- ‘Ultra clean air’ theatres
- Freshly prepared food
- Calm, dignified experience