One Hatfield Hospital is pleased to announce we will be reopening our services for private patients for surgery, outpatients, imaging (including MRI, ultrasound and X-ray) together with physiotherapy from Monday 22nd June. Virtual consultations will also be available as appropriate.
We have remained a COVID free hospital over the last 12 weeks, working directly with the NHS to treat and care for patients awaiting time critical surgeries. We will continue to support our NHS colleagues over the coming months, but can now also welcome back our private patients.
To ensure the safety of our patients at all times, we have implemented the following measures:
- Patients will be asked to enter the hospital no earlier than 10 minutes before their appointment time, in order to reduce the amount of people in the hospital.
- Adults must come into the hospital on their own (any person accompanying a patient should wait outside).
- Children may be accompanied by one adult.
- Patients will have their temperatures taken upon arrival and asked to complete a COVID symptom form. Anyone with a temperature above 37.8°C or displaying symptoms will be asked to return home and contact NHS 111 for guidance. They will not be permitted to attend their appointment.
- Patients will be given a face mask upon arrival to wear.
- A one way system has been implemented.
- An increased cleaning schedule of all areas, equipment and frequently touched surfaces has been implemented.
- Hand sanitiser is placed throughout the hospital. Patients will be required to use it upon arrival and when moving around the hospital.
- Safety measures have been put in place to ensure the correct use of PPE (personal protective equipment) by the consultants and staff.
- Our clinic rooms have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing during your consultation.
- Should a consultant need to examine you, an apron, mask and gloves will be worn.
- Each consulting room will be allocated a single member of staff to support the patient throughout their appointment.
- Patients will be required to quarantine for 14 days prior to receiving surgical treatment and will be tested for COVID 72 hours before their admission.
May we take this opportunity to thank all patients in advance for their support and we look forward to seeing you soon.