One Hatfield Hospital is a COVID free hospital. We will continue to work directly with the NHS to treat and care for patients awaiting time critical surgeries, but we have now also welcomed back our private patients for surgery, outpatients, physiotherapy, diagnostics and imaging (including MRI, ultrasound and X-ray).
To ensure the ongoing safety of our patients at all times, we continue to adhere to the following new measures:
- Patients will be asked to enter the hospital no earlier than 10 minutes before their appointment time, in order to reduce the amount of people in the hospital.
- Adults must come into the hospital on their own (any person accompanying a patient should wait outside).
- Children may be accompanied by one adult.
- Patients will have their temperatures taken upon arrival and asked if they have any COVID symptoms. Anyone with a temperature above 37.8°C or displaying symptoms will be asked to return home and contact NHS 111 for guidance. They will not be permitted to attend their appointment.
- Patients will be given a face mask upon arrival to wear.
- A one way system is in place.
- An increased cleaning schedule of all areas, equipment and frequently touched surfaces has been implemented.
- Hand sanitiser is placed throughout the hospital. Patients will be required to use it upon arrival and when moving around the hospital.
- Safety measures have been put in place to ensure the correct use of PPE (personal protective equipment) by the consultants and staff.
- Our clinic rooms have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing during your consultation.
- Should a consultant need to examine you, an apron, mask and gloves will be worn.
- Patients will be tested for COVID at least 72 hours before admission, and will be required to shield from the time of their test until admission.
All patients will be tested for COVID prior to admission. We are not however able to offer COVID tests as a standalone booking.
New guidance for patients admitted for surgery
To ensure the safety of our patients at all times, and to keep One Hatfield Hospital a COVID-free zone, we ask patients coming in to the hospital for a procedure to adhere to the following:
- Patients undergoing surgery in theatre will need to shield for 14 days prior to admission.
- Patients having a minor procedure in outpatients will need to shield for 7 days prior to admission.
- Paediatric patients, and accompanying adult, will need to shield for 3 days prior to admission.
- Paediatric patients will need to have a COVID test at least 72 hours prior to admission.
- Patients will need to have a COVID test at least 72 hours prior to admission, maybe within 14 days if undergoing surgery, or within 7 days if undergoing a minor procedure in outpatients, and may need to continue to shield based on consultant advice.
- Visitors are not permitted, essential visitors or carers at the discretion of the hospital.
If you would like any further guidance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
May we take this opportunity to thank all patients in advance for their support and we look forward to seeing you soon.