Phoenix Hospital Group, one of the UK’s leading independent healthcare providers, today announces that an agreement has been reached for it to acquire One Healthcare, the operator of both One Ashford Hospital and One Hatfield Hospital.
The acquisition, which remains subject to a small number of formalities, follows a period of due diligence, with Phoenix Hospital Group identifying significant potential synergies as well as excellent opportunities for collaboration and growth. The acquisition will allow Phoenix to add to its growing portfolio of state-of the-art medical centres and expand their successful model of high-quality, patient-centric care to new markets in Kent and Hertfordshire.
One Healthcare will continue to operate through the transaction with no changes to the activities or staffing of the hospitals.
Andrew Barker, CEO of Phoenix Hospital Group, said: “This is an exciting opportunity to bring together two successful and complementary hospital groups both delivering outstanding care. Phoenix already has a strong and successful approach focussed in Central London and Essex. One Healthcare is a natural fit with a strong range of services and impressive patient demand.”
“It has been our intention to grow by acquisition and we are delighted to be able to take One Healthcare forward as part of our larger group, further expanding our geographic reach. One Healthcare is an outstanding provider of care to its patients and has established strong collegiate partnerships with their Consultants, the NHS and local partners. We have been incredibly impressed by the One Healthcare staff, Consultants and management team and we look forward to welcoming them into Phoenix Hospital Group.”
Des Shiels, One Healthcare CEO, commented: “One Ashford Hospital treated its first patient in March 2016, and One Hatfield Hospital in December 2017. Since then, both Hospitals have become an integral part of the delivery of healthcare in their local communities, providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The agreement with Phoenix Hospital Group will provide a stable and secure future for the One Healthcare Hospitals. Phoenix’s values are closely aligned with One Healthcare’s, and will enable our dedicated team to continue to provide high quality care for our patients.”
This acquisition is the latest in a series by Phoenix Hospital Group who will continue to seek opportunities in the market to deliver further growth and enhance its position as the choice for patients and Consultants seeking high quality personalised private healthcare.
About Phoenix Hospital Group
- Phoenix Hospital Group works with leading Consultants in London and Essex. All healthcare professionals treating patients have fulfilled rigorous eligibility criteria to ensure patients receive the highest possible standards of care.
- Phoenix Hospital Group currently comprises four state-of-the-art medical centres; the Weymouth Street Hospital, 9 Harley Street, 25 Harley Street and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford currently treating almost 100,000 patients per year.
- Phoenix Hospital Group already has a track record of successful acquisitions having acquired 25 Harley Street, a central London diagnostic and outpatient provider, in 2018 and Baddow Hospital (renamed Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford) in late 2019, both of which have been successfully integrated into the group.
About One Healthcare
- One Healthcare was established in July 2014 to develop and operate modern, purpose-built private hospital facilities and keeps patients at the heart of all they do, delivering an extremely high standard of patient care.
- One Ashford Hospital opened in March 2016 and One Hatfield Hospital opened in December 2017. As well as providing full surgical services both are equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging equipment to help specialists provide a timely and accurate diagnosis.
- One Healthcare prides itself on providing fast and easy access to expert Consultants across a wide range of fields, including orthopaedics, cardiology, dermatology, gynaecology, rheumatology, general surgery and more.