Hospital: One Ashford Hospital
Tel: 01233 423 303
Contact the Hospital About Ms Codruta Neumann
Ms Codruta Neumann
MSc, FRCS (ORL-HNS)
Consultant ENT Surgeon
- Adult and Paediatric Ear Nose and Throat conditions
- Adult and Paediatric Otology including chronic otitis media with or without cholesteatoma (discharging ears)
- Hearing restoration (ossiculoplasty and stapedotomy)
- Surgery for problematic mastoid cavities
- Tinnitus and dizziness
- Ear Nose and Throat surgery
- Ear and mastoid cavity dewaxing (micro suction)
- Transtympanic injection of steroids for Meniere’s
- Tinnitus management
- Grommets (adults and children)
- Tonsillectomy (adults and children)
- Stapedotomy (surgery for otosclerosis)
- Combined approach tympanoplasty (surgery for chronic ear disease)
- Ossiculoplasty (hearing restoration)
- BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid)
- Bonebridge (completely implantable bone anchored hearing aid)
- Soundbridge (middle ear implant)
- Mastoid reconstruction and obliteration
- FESS (functional endoscopic sinus surgery)
- Tongue tie division
- Excision of lesions on the skin of head and neck
Ms Neumann is a Consultant ENT surgeon based in East Kent since June 2014, working at the William Harvey Hospital and Kent and Canterbury Hospital. She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and trained on the South Coast and East Anglia. During her Otology fellowship in Cambridge, she trained in advanced techniques for hearing preserving cholesteatoma surgery, hearing reconstruction, surgery for discharging mastoid cavities, cochlear implants and BAHA, endoscopic ear surgery and laser.
She has a Masters degree in Evidence Based Medicine and Health Technology assessment and is committed to using the most up-to-date treatment in all ENT conditions.
She is part of the ENT Masterclass Faculty, a charity delivering ENT training for specialists in the UK and internationally.
Children and Young People
Miss Neumann sees patients from birth for consultations.
Please see reviews from patients on independent website i Want Great Care here
Memberships & Associations
- British Association of Head and Neck Surgeons
Ms Neumann was the principal investigator of a multinational trial for a novel transtympanic treatment for Meniere’s disease. She published on results of surgery for chronic otitis media, risk of bleeding post-tonsillectomy, assessment of smell disorders and chronic rhinusinusitis. She worked on genomic of age related hearing loss at the Sanger Institute in Cambridge. She currently works on a study of genetics of cholesteatoma.
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust