X-Ray is an easy and common procedure designed to help your doctor look inside your body to diagnose a condition, and is a particularly effective means of viewing your bones and is helpful in diagnosing a wide range of conditions.
Your X-Ray will be carried out by a specialist in our dedicated radiography department.
Why Are They Used?
X-Rays can be requested for the diagnosis of a wide range of conditions. They are most commonly associated with bone or joint problems, however, they are sometimes requested for soft tissue issues as well.
Examples of conditions that might require X-ray provision include:
- Bone fractures and breaks
- Scoliosis (abnormal curvature of the spine)
- Bone tumours (cancerous and non-cancerous)
- Leg length measurements
- Lung problems including lung cancer and pneumonia
- Heart issues (CXRs)
- CMR and Ultrasound Echo for heart concerns
Some X-rays require the patient to take a contrast-agent before the procedure. This will help soft tissues show up more clearly on the X-ray image.
You will be informed in advance if any preparations are required.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your X-Ray treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Hatfield Hospital.
Why One Hatfield
- Modern purpose-built hospital opened in December 2017
- Fast access to diagnostics including MRI, Xray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, en-suite rooms
- Specialist physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little or no waiting time
- ‘Ultra clean air’ theatres
- Freshly prepared food
- Calm, dignified experience
Contact us and find out more
Contact our team to find out more information regarding private X-Ray or to book an initial consultation.
If you are based in and around Hertfordshire, St Albans, Stevenage, Watford, North London, Welwyn or Bedfordshire and would like to visit the One Hatfield Hospital please click here.
Diagnostics & Imaging Pricing Guide at One Hatfield Hospital
This is a list of guide prices for some of common Diagnostics & Imaging treatments and procedures.
|MRI scan (one part)||£405|
|CT scan (one part)||£495|
|Ultrasound (one part)||£245|
|X Ray (one part)||£125|