The vestibular system includes the parts of the inner ear and brain that process the sensory information involved with controlling balance and eye movements. Disorders of the vestibular system can cause:
- Visual disturbance
- Balance problems that can lead to falls
Symptoms may be related to movement or head position, but can also be aggravated by lots of visual stimuli for example supermarket aisles or driving.
Vestibular disorders can affect all aspects of life and make simple tasks like bathing, dressing and mobilising very difficult. They can also impact balance to such an extent that falls become a high risk, meaning that vestibular rehabilitation is important.
The most commonly diagnosed vestibular disorder is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), where symptoms typically begin suddenly and are significantly increased by turning over in bed or sitting up from a lying position and vice versa.
Evidence has shown vestibular rehabilitation to be an effective treatment for many symptoms related to inner ear and balance disorders.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Vestibular Rehabilitation treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Ashford Hospital
Why One Ashford Hospital
- Access to leading Consultants within 48 hours*
- 0% and low interest finance options**
- Competitive fixed-price packages
- Modern purpose-built hospital
- Fast access to diagnostics including CT, MRI, X-Ray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, ensuite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little waiting time for surgery
- Calm, dignified experience
*Dependent on Consultant availability
**Terms and conditions apply