The Rafaelo Procedure (Haemorrhoids)
The Rafaelo procedure is a new treatment suitable for patients with grade 1-3 haemorrhoids. The procedure is minimally invasive and is achieved using local anaesthetic. Patients who undergo the procedure will be treated as a day case and may return to regular life immediately following treatment. The procedure derives its name from its application: the RAdio Frequency treatment of hAEmorrhoids under LOcal anaesthetic.
What the Procedure Involves
Unlike other treatments for haemorrhoids, the Rafaelo procedure is minimally invasive and is achieved using local anaesthetic. Patients who undergo the procedure will be treated as a day case and may return to regular life immediately following treatment.
- If required, you will be given a mild sedative to help you relax
- A local anaesthetic is applied to the haemorrhoidal area
- The Device, emitting a safe and relatively painless radio frequency energy is then used to stem its blood supply and cause the haemorrhoid to contract
- Your symptoms should improve instantly
Most procedures take just a few minutes to complete and you will be free to leave the same day to get on with enjoying a haemorrhoid free life.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your The Rafaelo Procedure (Haemorrhoids) treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at either the One Ashford Hospital or One Hatfield Hospital.
Why One Healthcare
- Modern purpose-built hospital opened in March 2016 (Ashford) December 2017 (Hatfield)
- Fast access to diagnostics including MRI, Xray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, en-suite rooms
- Specialist Physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little or no waiting time
- ‘Ultra clean air’ theatres
- Freshly prepared food
- Calm, dignified experience