Adenoidectomy involves the removal of your adenoids through a surgery procedure.
Adenoids are small lumps of tissue above the roof of our mouth at the back of the nose. They are part of our immune system and helps fight infection, protecting the body from bacteria and viruses. Adenoids start to grow when we are a baby and peak in size at around age three to five. In the following few years they start to shrink and a barely visible by our teenage years, disappearing completely by adulthood when they are no longer needed.
Adenoids sometimes become swollen or enlarged as a result of an infection or an allergic reaction. Usually this swelling does not need to be treated and only causes mild discomfort. However, for some children, it can cause severe discomfort and interfere with their daily life.
An adenoidectomy to surgically remove the adenoids may be recommended for your child if:
- They have become enlarged and swollen and this is causing severe discomfort
- Your child is suffering from breathing problems caused by their adenoids
- Your child is having difficulty sleeping due to their adenoids
- Your child’s adenoids are related to recurrent or persistent problems with the ears
At One Healthcare we can book you in to see a specialist surgeon, usually within 48 hours, for an initial consultation. Gallbladder removal is available at One Ashford Hospital in Kent and One Hatfield Hospital in Hertfordshire.
Children and Young Person’s Service
This treatment is available at One Ashford and One Hatfield Hospital for patients under 18 on a daycase basis.
You can use your private medical insurance or pay for your Adenoidectomy treatment. We offer competitive, fixed price packages as well as the ability to spread your cost with the option of 0% finance. If you are using your health insurance please do contact your insurer first for approval and let them know you’d like to be treated at One Hatfield Hospital.
Why One Hatfield
- Modern purpose-built hospital opened in December 2017
- Fast access to diagnostics including MRI, Xray and Ultrasound
- Private, spacious, en-suite rooms
- Specialist physiotherapy and nursing teams
- Little or no waiting time
- ‘Ultra clean air’ theatres
- Freshly prepared food
- Calm, dignified experience
Contact us and find out more
Contact our team to find out more information regarding private Adenoidectomy or to book an initial consultation.
If you are based in and around Hertfordshire, St Albans, Stevenage, Watford, North London, Welwyn or Bedfordshire and would like to visit the One Hatfield Hospital please click here.
Ear, Nose and Throat Pricing Guide at One Hatfield Hospital
This is a list of guide prices for some of common Ear, Nose and Throat treatments and procedures.
|Treatment||Guide Price||Monthly from|
|Insertion of Grommet (Adult)||£2,013||£42.28|
|Insertion of Grommet (Child)||£2,358||£49.52|