New report shows people are increasingly choosing to pay for their own healthcare treatment to avoid NHS queues
An increasing number of people are choosing to pay for their own healthcare treatment instead of waiting on the NHS.
LaingBuisson (a leading healthcare business intelligence company) has published a report which shows the key drivers for this growth include long waiting lists, NHS operation cancellations and funding restrictions meaning certain procedures are not available to any or all patients in certain areas (including Hernia repairs, varicose veins, pain injections, tonsillectomies etc.).
The report also cites anecdotal evidence that people are opting for treatment in the home counties rather than paying the premium for central London. At One Healthcare we see many patients who are pleased to find they can see the same quality of surgeon, in a brand new hospital at a very competitive price outside of London.
In the past, many people felt if they weren’t insured their only option was to wait on the NHS, or go without, if their procedure was restricted. But people are increasingly aware that they have a third choice; to fund their own treatment. What’s more, as providers have seen this increase in demand and understood the needs of their customer more, clarity and affordability have been a focus.
Contact us to find out more
Please speak to our team via the telephone number above or by completing an enquiry here
Please see a list of guide priced packages for common;y requested procedures here. If the treatment you need isn’t listed, please contact our team who can provide a price for you.
Our packages include:
• Your pre-operative assessment prior to admission
• Hospital accommodation and meals where applicable
• Theatre fees, drugs, dressings, equipment and prosthesis
• Your nursing care
• Your Consultant surgeon and anaesthetists operating fees
• Inpatient diagnostics, scans, pathology, histology and physiotherapy
• Prescribed take home drugs for up to 14 days<
• Follow up appointment with your Consultant
• Physiotherapy as recommended by your Consultant
• Basic home aids such as crutches
• Removal of sutures, stitches, dressings as required
What else you may need to pay:
• Your Consultant’s fee for the initial appointment (usually between £150-£300
• Diagnostic tests or scans received prior to your treatment booking (this may be as part of your consultation or after your consultation whilst your Surgeon helps diagnose your requirements)
You can find full details of what is included and excluded from the packages in our terms and conditions here or by contacting the team at either of our hospitals.
Spreading the cost
• Loan amounts from £1,000 – £50,000
• 0% interest on loans up to 12 months – subject to status
• 9.9% APR (variable) on loans between 12 months and 60 months – subject to status
• Flexible deposit
• Online application
• Decisions are usually made instantly
• Acceptance subject to credit status.
Find out more about spreading the cost of your treatment here