Please note, this is a virtual training event taking place on 16th July 2020, 6.30 – 8pm. A link to access the event will be sent to everyone registered.
We are pleased to offer this free, essential training course to all Non-Medical Referrers (NMRs) in the local area wishing to refer patients to One Hatfield Hospital for radiology.
The course is a requirement under IR(ME)R 2000 legislation for anybody who wishes to refer patients for x-rays. Although there are no statutory regulations covering referrals to MRI and ultrasound, The British Institute of Radiology best practice is to follow the principles set out for referrals for examinations involving radiation. For further information refer to bir.org.uk
Upon completion the medical practitioner will be able to refer to One Hatfield Hospital for x-ray, ultrasound and MRI examinations.
The course covers all the key areas of knowledge to comply with legislation:
- Principles of radiation protection
- Benefits and risks of the examinations being referred for.
- Understanding the ionising radiation dose levels for the type of examinations requested and identifying if there is a safer alternative.
- Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017 and the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2017 IR(ME)R17 Regulations
- Responsibilities of NMR in relation to patient safety and clinical governance
- Overview of local referral pathways, including the use of electronic referral systems where appropriate
- Professional and legislative responsibilities.
Upon completion the NMR will be able to refer for x-ray ultrasound and MRI examinations.
6.30pm Welcome, Marissa Molines, Radiology Lead, One Hatfield Hospital
6.40pm IR(ME)R training, Jason Fazakerley, IRS Limited
Book a Place