Do you want to update or learn skills in joint injections?
One Ashford Hospital is holding a free CPD accredited workshop on Saturday 14th March 2020 on joint injections. The morning will involve breakout sessions with Orthopaedic surgeons, covering the following topics:
- The assessment and diagnosis of a range of soft tissue injuries
- Treatment and management of soft tissue injuries
- The principles of corticosteroid injection therapy
- Corticosteroid injection practice in the following areas:
This is a highly practical course with hands on demonstrations, and is designed for GP’s, hospital doctors and nurse practitioners, along with healthcare professionals who have a particular interest in the care of sportsmen and sportswomen. For AHP’s, it will serve as an excellent introduction or as a CPD refresher for these treatments. The aim of the course is to enable participants to be able to use the skills they gain immediately within their practice.
By the end of the course, you are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate advance soft tissue assessment and diagnostic skills
- To be able to clinically reason and evaluate the need for intervention with injection therapy
- Understand and discuss the contraindications for injections
- Understand and discuss safety techniques involved in injection administration
- To confidently carry out injections in your current healthcare role
ACCREDITATION: 3 CPD POINTS
Please arrive by 9:00am for registration and breakfast in order for the event to start promptly at 9:30am.
There will be networking opportunities at the end of the seminar.
Free parking is available onsite.
To register your interest, please email the hospital directly at email@example.com
Alternatively, you can reserve a place via the link below:
Book a Place