Hospital: One Hatfield Hospital
Tel: 01707 443 333
Contact the Hospital About Mr P S Jambulingam
Mr P S Jambulingam
MBBS MS (Gen Surg) FRCS Ed FRCS ( Gen Surg). PG Dip Med Ed.
Consultant Upper GI / Laparoscopy & Bariatric Surgeon
General surgery – Laparoscopic hernia repair
Upper GI Surgery – Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic hiatus hernia repair, Anti reflux surgery
Upper GI Cancers – Gastrectomy, Oesophagectomy
Endoscopy – Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy including dilatations, stent insertion, PEG insertion
Weight loss surgery
Weight loss surgery
Mr Jambulingam is a Consultant General Surgeon with a special interest in Upper GI / laparoscopic & weight loss surgery. His practice is based in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire and he has been practising surgery since 1995. He uses current surgical evidence in delivering excellence in surgical care with major emphasis on minimally invasive surgery. He delivers upper GI cancer services and bariatric surgical services in a multidisciplinary setting, providing the best care for his patients.
Mr Jambulingam is married with two children and lives in St Albans. He plays cricket regularly and is the secretary for the South Bedfordshire Doctors Cricket Club and for a local club in St Albans. He is a keen golfer, striving to improve his handicap. He listens to music and is a trained walking leader.
Mr Jambulingam has published several papers. His research interests are on the role of Barretts Oesophagus in Oesophageal cancers and the role of Bariatric surgery and its metabolic effects on the obese population.
Memberships and Associations
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Member of the Association of Upper GI Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (AUGIS)
- Member of the British Obesity & Metabolic Surgical Society (BOMSS)
- Member of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Member of British Hernia Society (BHS)
- Member of British Obesity Surgery Patient Association (BOSPA)
- Member of National Academy of Clinical Trainers (NACT)
- Member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers, RCS Edinburgh