Hospital: One Hatfield Hospital
Tel: 01707 443 333
Contact the Hospital About Dr Nisha Ramkumar
Dr Nisha Ramkumar
MBBS, MRCPCH, DCH, FRCPCH
Consultant Paediatrician with Gastroenterology and Allergy Interest
- Cow’s milk protein allergy
- Other food allergies and intolerances
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Gastrointestinal conditions including recurrent abdominal pain and constipation
- Inflammatory bowel disease and coeliac disease
- General paediatrics including growth and nutrition, respiratory illnesses.
- General paediatrics
- Paediatric gastroenterology and allergies
After obtaining her basic medical degree, Dr Ramkumar joined the paediatric training programme under the East of England Deanery. Dr Ramkumar has worked in almost all hospitals in the East of England gaining extensive experience in general paediatric conditions. She developed a special interest in paediatric gastroenterology and gained experience in gastroenterology working with a team at Cambridge University Hospitals.
Dr Ramkumar has been working as Consultant Paediatrician at Luton and Dunstable Hospital for the last few years. She does general paediatric clinics, general gastroenterology clinics, and specialist gastroenterology clinics looking after patients with inflammatory bowel disease and coeliac disease. She also undertakes regular allergy clinics with skin prick test interpretation and advice. She works closely with the paediatric gastroenterology team at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Dr Ramkumar enjoys working with children and young people. She is interested in medical education and is currently the undergraduate specialty lead for paediatrics at Luton and Dunstable Hospital. She enjoys teaching students and members of the MDT. Dr Ramkumar is currently undertaking a Masters in medical education at the University of Hertfordshire.
Dr Ramkumar is a busy mother of two children and fully understand parents’ expectations and viewpoints. She prides herself on being a good communicator.
In her spare time she enjoys reading is a member of an arts and literary association holding the position of literary co-ordinator. Dr Ramkumar also enjoys her role as a language teacher to children of the cultural association members.
Dr Ramkumar has been named author of publications and poster presentations at BSPGHAN and other conferences, and also conducts regional study days for paediatric gastroenterology to further trainees’ interest in this area.
Memberships and Associations
- GMC- General Medical Council
- RCPCH- Fellow of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- BSPGHAN- British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- MDDUS- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland