Hospital: One Hatfield Hospital
Tel: 01707 443 459
Contact the Hospital About Mr Simon Mellor
Mr Simon Mellor
BSc(Hons), MB ChB, M.Phil, FRCS(Orth)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Hip replacement including anterior approach ( muscle-sparing) hip replacement.
- Revision hip replacement.
- Partial knee replacement and total knee replacement.
- Revision knee replacement.
- Arthroscopic (keyhole) knee surgery.
- Ligament reconstruction surgery and Multi-Ligament reconstruction surgery.
- Knee osteotomy (realignment surgery)
Hip and Knee Surgery.
- Medical Qualification University Of Manchester (1992) (Alice and Edith Hamer Major Scholarship. )
- Basic Surgical training St Mary’s Hospital Paddington.
- Orthopaedic training St George’s Hospital / South West Thames Rotation (Sam Simmons Prize).
- 2 Orthopaedic Fellowships in Melbourne, Australia 2003-04 (Adult Joint Reconstruction and Sports / Soft tissue knee Surgery)
- Consultant Hip and Knee Surgeon (2005 – present) Initially Barnet Hospital , now part of Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Married, 2 children.
Hobbies – cycling, golf. Classic cars.
Anterior approach hip replacement. Patient- specific knee replacement.