Hospital: One Hatfield Hospital
Tel: 01707 443 333
Contact the Hospital About Mr Aruna Munasinghe
Mr Aruna Munasinghe
MBBS BSc FRCS (Gen.Surg) ChM
Consultant Upper GI, Bariatric and General Surgeon
- Laparoscopic (keyhole surgery)
- Primary and Redo/Complex Procedures
- Upper GI Endoscopy
- Bariatric/Metabolic Surgery
- Gallstone Disease/Cholecystectomy
- Hernia Repair
- Anti Reflux Procedures
- General Surgery
- Upper GI Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
Mr Munasinghe is a highly trained and accomplished general surgeon. He was trained at Guy’s & St Thomas’s Hospital and has gone on to several flagship centres for Postgraduate Training in London, the South East and the West Midlands. He undertook a period of research at Imperial College London and a fellowship in Bariatric and Complex Upper GI Surgery at St George’s Hospital, London.
He has an NHS practice at Bedfordshire Hospitals where he is the Clinical Lead for Safety and Clinical Governance and has his patients’ welfare at the centre of all he does. He is pleased to offer a large range of common general surgical procedures which will be performed through a keyhole route wherever possible to minimise pain and for a faster recovery.
In addition to maintaining exemplary standards in his NHS and Private Practice he is a trainer in Bariatric Surgery, Keyhole Hernia Repair, Trauma and Endoscopy.
Outside work Mr Munasinghe is a keen runner and enjoys outdoor pursuits with his children. He is also involved in raising money for third world medical charities.
- Surgical Outcomes
- Metabolic Surgery
- Quality Improvement
Memberships and Associations
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS)
- British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Royal College of Surgeons (RCS)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- British Medical Association (BMA)