One Ashford Hospital is pleased to announce we will be reopening our Outpatient clinics from Monday 15th June for Private consultations. Over the last 12 weeks we have been working directly with the NHS to treat and care for cancer patients as we remained a COVID free hospital. In order for us to continue as such, as well as complying with government guidelines on social distancing, we are implementing the following measures as we reopen our outpatient department:
- Patients will have their temperatures taken upon arrival and asked to complete a COVID symptom form. Anyone with a temperature above 37.8oC or displaying symptoms will be asked to return home and contact NHS 111 for guidance. They will not be permitted to attend their appointment.
- Adults must come into the hospital on their own. Children can be accompanied by one adult.
- Hand sanitiser is placed throughout the hospital. Patients will be required to use it upon arrival and when moving around the hospital.
- Patients will be given a face mask upon arrival to wear.
- Patients will be instructed to remain in their car until no earlier than 10 minutes before their appointment time, in order to reduce the amount of people in the hospital.
- Safety measures have been put in place to ensure the correct use of PPE (personal protective equipment) by the consultants and staff.
- Our clinic rooms have been reconfigured to try and ensure 2M distancing during the consultation. Should a consultant need to examine you, an apron, mask and gloves will be worn.
- Each consulting room will be allocated a single member of staff to support the patient throughout their appointment.
- Imaging is available to include MRI, X-ray and Ultrasound.
- Physiotherapy is open for both video and face to face consultations
- Our Phlebotomy services are also available.
May we take this opportunity to thank all patients in advance for their support and we look forward to seeing you soon.