Your safety is our number one priority. We understand that you may be worried about visiting us, but we want to reassure you that we’ve put safety measures in place to make our hospital COVID-19 secure. These changes were guided by the UK government, Public Health England (PHE), and our Infection Prevention team.
To ensure the ongoing safety of you, our staff and our consultants at all times, we continue to adhere to the following measures:
- Patients will be asked to enter the hospital no earlier than 10 minutes before their appointment or admission time, in order to reduce the amount of people waiting in the hospital.
- Adults must come into the hospital on their own (any person accompanying a patient should wait outside).
- Children may be accompanied by one adult.
- Patients will have their temperatures taken upon arrival and asked if they have any COVID symptoms. Anyone with a temperature above 37.8°C or displaying symptoms will be asked to return home and contact NHS 111 for guidance. They will not be permitted to attend their appointment.
- Patients must wear a face mask in the hospital and whilst visiting any of the departments.
- A one way system and 2 metre distancing information is in place.
- An increased cleaning schedule of all areas, equipment and frequently touched surfaces has been implemented. All consulting rooms are cleaned with antibacterial products between patients and deep cleaned at the end of each day.
- Hand sanitiser is placed throughout the hospital. Patients will be required to use it upon arrival and when moving around the hospital.
- Safety measures have been put in place to ensure the correct use of PPE (personal protective equipment) by the consultants and staff.
- All staff are required to complete a lateral flow test twice a week.
- One Ashford Hospital is part of the early wave of the COVID vaccination programme for healthcare workers and are in the process of receiving their vaccinations.
- Consultants now wear scrubs in outpatients, as well as in theatres, to avoid any cross contamination.
- All staff, consultants and contractors wear masks throughout the hospital and have their temperatures taken on arrival.
- Our Outpatient consulting rooms have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing during your consultation.
- Should a consultant need to examine you, an apron, mask and gloves will be worn.
- On the ward, any staff entering your room are required to wear a mask, gloves and apron and these will be changed every time they leave and enter your room.
- If you leave your room at any time you will also be required to wear a mask.
- Surgical patients will be required to self-isolate for 14 days prior to surgery. You will be tested for COVID 72 hours before admission and will be required to continue to self-isolate at home from the time of your test until admission. Please note that from 72 hours prior to your admission, all your household will be required to self-isolate with you.
- One Ashford Hospital adheres to the current guidelines set out by NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) to ensure the safety and protection of our surgical patients at all time. We understand that this is an anxious time for many, but please rest assured that we remain a COVID secure hospital due to the strict measures we have implemented.
- In order to keep all our patients safe, we feel it is safer that no visitors are allowed for inpatients at this time, but we do encourage you to keep in touch with your friends and families whilst at One Ashford, so please remember to bring your mobile phone with you.
All patients will be tested for COVID-19 72 hours prior to admission for surgical procedures and information will be given to you when you are booked for a procedure.
We are not however able to offer COVID-19 tests as a standalone booking. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you will need to arrange a test through the NHS.
If you would like any further guidance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
May we take this opportunity to thank all patients in advance for their support and we look forward to seeing you soon.