One Ashford Hospital is a COVID free hospital. We will continue to work directly with the NHS to treat and care for patients awaiting time critical surgeries, but we have now also welcomed back our private patients for surgery, outpatients, physiotherapy, diagnostics and imaging (including MRI, ultrasound and X-ray).
To ensure the ongoing safety of our patients at all times, we continue to adhere to the following new measures:
- Patients will be asked to enter the hospital no earlier than 10 minutes before their appointment time, in order to reduce the amount of people in the hospital.
- Adults must come into the hospital on their own (any person accompanying a patient should wait outside).
- Children may be accompanied by one adult.
- Patients will have their temperatures taken upon arrival and asked if they have any COVID symptoms. Anyone with a temperature above 37.8°C or displaying symptoms will be asked to return home and contact NHS 111 for guidance. They will not be permitted to attend their appointment.
- Patients must wear a face mask in the hospital whilst visiting any of the departments.
- A one way system is in place.
- An increased cleaning schedule of all areas, equipment and frequently touched surfaces has been implemented.
- Hand sanitiser is placed throughout the hospital. Patients will be required to use it upon arrival and when moving around the hospital.
- Safety measures have been put in place to ensure the correct use of PPE (personal protective equipment) by the consultants and staff.
- Our clinic rooms have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing during your consultation.
- Should a consultant need to examine you, an apron, mask and gloves will be worn.
- Patients will be required to follow comprehensive social-distancing and hand-hygiene measures for 14 days before surgery, will be tested for COVID 72 hours before admission and will be required to shield at home from the time of their test until admission.
- In order to keep all our patients safe, no visitors will be allowed for inpatients at this time
If you would like any further guidance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
May we take this opportunity to thank all patients in advance for their support and we look forward to seeing you soon.