Your safety is our number one priority. We understand that you may be worried about visiting us, but we want to reassure you that we continue to put safety measures in place to make our hospital Covid secure. These changes were guided by NHS England, and our own Infection Prevention team.
IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN A COVID SECURE SITE, WE REQUEST THAT FACE COVERINGS ARE STILL USED AT ONE ASHFORD HOSPITAL
One Ashford Hospital will continue with COVID-secure precautions as part of its duty of care to staff and patients in minimising any spread of infection.
- To maintain the safety of our patients and our staff, we request that patients wear a face mask in the hospital and whilst visiting any of the departments. Visors are available if anyone prefers that as an alternative to a face mask.
- Patients will be asked to enter the hospital no earlier than 10 minutes before their appointment or admission time, in order to reduce the amount of people waiting in the hospital.
- An element of social distancing remains in place in the hospital
- Hand sanitiser is placed throughout the hospital. Patients will be required to use it upon arrival and when moving around the hospital.
- All staff are still required to complete a lateral flow test twice a week.
- All staff, consultants and contractors wear masks throughout the hospital.
- Our Outpatient consulting rooms have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing during your consultation.
- If you leave your room on the ward at any time you will also be required to wear a mask.
- Surgical patients will be tested for Covid 72 hours before admission and will be requested to self-isolate at home from the time of testing until admission.
- In order to keep all our patients safe, we feel it is safer that no visitors are allowed for inpatients at this time, but we do encourage you to keep in touch with your friends and families whilst at One Ashford, so please remember to bring your mobile phone or electronic devices with you.
If you would like any further guidance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01233 423000.
May we take this opportunity to thank all patients in advance for their support and
we look forward to seeing you soon.